COST Action CA18207 BOTTOM-UPS
Inclusiveness Target Countries Conference Grants (ITC CG)
Support to Early Career Investigators and PhD students from COST Inclusiveness Target Countries (ITC*) or Near Neighbour Countries (NNC**) to attend meetings of interest, not specifically organized by the COST Action.
* Currently the ITC countries participating to the Action CA18207 BOTTOMS-UP are: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Poland, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia and Turkey.
**NNC counties are: Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Egypt, Georgia, Jordan, Kosovo , Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, [Russia] , Syria, Tunisia and Ukraine.
COST BOTTOMS-UP periodically calls for submission of applications for requesting financial support to attend the meetings, symposia and workshops linked to the COST Action CA18207 BOTTOMS-UP.
List of meetings of interest for the COST Action CA18207 in 2022
- IAVS (International Association for Vegetation Science) 64th Annual Symposium – Madrid 27 June-1 July. Abstract Submission Deadline: April 26th https://iavsmadrid2022.com/
- World Conference on Climate Change & Sustainability; Frankfurt, Germany; 22-24.08.2022 (deadline for abstracts – 2nd round 10.3. – 4.05.2022); https://climateweek.thepeopleevents.com/
- GREEN 2022 (Zagreb, Croatia, 14th to 16th September 2022.; deadline for abstracts 15.05.2022) https://www.sumins.hr/green2022/
- Balkan Botanical Congress (Athens, Greece; 4-8.7.2022; deadline for abstracts 16.5.) https://bbc2022.org/
Applications may be relative to meetings not reported here.
To be eligible for applying you must meet all the next requirements:
- Be under the age of forty
- Be a PhD student (formally enrolled at the time of the application in a PhD programme in an accredited organisation) or an Early Career Investigator (a period between the date of defense of the PhD thesis e and the date of application for the ITC grant not exceeding 8 years)
- Be affiliated with an institution in an ITC or NNC country that participates in the BOTTOMS-UP Action;
- Have a fully updated e-COST profile.
- to have an acceptance letter from the conference organisers, from which it is evident that the applicant will have an oral or poster presentation at the conference.
When can you apply?
Formal applications for a particular conference grant will be available during the appropriate grant period within which the meeting is held.
How to apply?
Applications for BOTTOMS-UP conference grants will only be accepted through the e-COST platform (https://e-services.cost.eu/).
Before filling the application, please consult the ITC Conference Grant rules in the COST Grant Awarding User Guide (https://www.cost.eu/uploads/2021/12/Grant-Awarding-userguide.pdf).
What will the grant cover?
The grant will reimburse scholars for their expenses to attend the specific conference, including travel and subsistence as well as the registration fee, up to a total amount defined by the Action Management Committee.
When will the grant be paid?
The scholars will receive the grant amount after they submit a report from their participation to the Meeting. The grantee must submit a report on the activities in the latest 30 days after its end date. A scientific report template is available on the Supporting documents page or on-line here: http://www.cost.eu/ITC_meeting_grant_report_template.
- Participation at the conference needs pre-approval by the BOTTOMS-UP Management Committee.
- If applicants are interested in attending a “non-listed” conference and they considered it is of interest for the COST Action CA18207, the ITC coordinator and Action Chair should be contacted by an e-mail before submitting an abstract and applying for the ITC grant through the eCOST.
- Only one person per conference and per institution can be funded.
- It is desirable to include other Action participants in the abstract.
- The grantee must acknowledge the funder (BOTTOMS-UP and COST Association) in their oral or poster presentation (logos of COST and BOTTOMS-UP can be easily downloaded from the BOTTOMS-UP website).
The selection criteria include: a) evaluation of a CV, b) interest of the abstract proposed for the BOTTOMS-UP Action. Additional criteria will be related to the achievement of a proper of a geographic distribution and gender balance.
Previously approved ITC grants
1. MURAT SARGINCI (Duzce, Turkey) – for the participation at the European Geosciences Union General Assembly, Vienna, Austria, 3 - 8 May 2020 (EGU2020, www.egu2020.eu)
2. CSENGE VERONIKA HORVÁTH (Vácrátót and Budapest, Hungary) - for the participation at the conference “Forestry - Bridge to the Future”, May 5-8. 2021, Sofia, Bulgaria
 This designation is without prejudice to positions on status and is in line with UNSCR 1244/1999 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo declaration of independence.
 This designation shall not be construed as recognition of a State of Palestine and is without prejudice to the individual positions of the Member States on this issue.
 Subject to confirmation by the EC.