COST Action CA18207 BOTTOM-UPS
Inclusiveness Target Countries Conference Grants (ITC CG)
Support to Early Career Investigators and PhD students from COST Inclusiveness Target Countries (ITC*) to attend meetings of interest to the Action
* Currently the ITC countries participating to the Action CA18207 BOTTOM-UPS are: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Poland, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia and Turkey.
COST BOTTOM-UPS periodically calls for submission of applications for requesting financial support to attend the meetings, symposia and workshops linked to the COST Action CA18207 BOTTOM-UPS.
List of meetings of interest for the COST Action CA18207 in 2020:
- https://www.egu2020.eu/ (Vienna, Austria, May 2020)
- https://conf2020.forestry-ideas.info (Sofia, Bulgaria, May 2020)
- http://www.evs2020roma.info/ (Rome, Italy, May 2020)
- https://www.ibles.pl/web/scsi/start (Białowieża, Poland, June 2020)
- http://forestsat2020.forestsat.com/ (Krakow, Poland, September 2020)
- https://iufro.v2.czu.cz/en/ (Prague, Czech Republic, September 2020)
- http://www.sumins.hr/green2020/ (Jastrebarsko, Croatia, December 2020)
Currently approved ITC grants
1. MURAT SARGINCI (Duzce, Turkey) – for the participation at the
European Geosciences Union General Assembly, Vienna, Austria, 3 – 8
May 2020 (EGU2020, www.egu2020.eu)
2. CSENGE VERONIKA HORVÁTH (Vácrátót and Budapest, Hungary) - for
the participation at the conference “Forestry – Bridge to the
Future”, May 6-9. 2020, Sofia, Bulgaria
To be eligible for applying you must meet all of the next requirements:
- Be a PhD student (formally enrolled at the time of the application in a PhD programme in an accredited organisation) or an Early Career Investigator (a period between the date of defense of the PhD thesis e and the date of application for the ITC grant not exceeding 8 years)
- Be affiliated with an institution in an ITC country that participates in the BOTTOM-UPS Action;
- Have a fully updated e-COST profile.
When can you apply
Formal applications for a particular ITC meeting grant will be available during the appropriate grant period within which the meeting is held.
How to apply
Applications for BOTTOM-UPS ITC meeting grants will only be accepted through the e-COST platform (https://e-services.cost.eu/)
What will the grant cover
The grant will reimburse scholars for their expenses to attend the , including travel and subsistence as well as the registration fee, up to a total amount defined by the Action Management Committee.
When will the grant be paid
The scholars will receive the grant amount after they submit a report from their participation to the Meeting. The grantee must submit a report on the activities in the , the latest 30 days after its end date. A scientific report template is available on the Supporting documents page or on-line here: http://www.cost.eu/ITC_meeting_grant_report_template.
The grantee must acknowledge the funder (BOTTOM-UPS and COST Association) in their oral or poster presentation (logos of COST and BOTTOM-UPS can be easily downloaded from the BOTTOM-UPS website).
The selection criteria include: a) evaluation of a CV, b) interest of the abstract proposed for the BOTTOM-UPS Action. Additional criteria will be related to the achievement of a proper of a geographic distribution and gender balance.